From:
Dan Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:03:12 -0500
I guess I am somewhat surprised that you have no IRQ's free.  If you do have
five slots free, then they must be pulling  "Packard Bell" and assigning
IRQ's to everything under the sun.  Sometimes, you can share an IRQ - like
your printer typically on IRQ 7, but I would really want my SCSI card to
have its own seperate IRQ.

The best choice would be to see if you can disable a serial port and free up
IRQ 3 or 4.  Check your BIOS and see. Another thought is if you have a
serial mouse, and USB, would be to buy a USB mouse and use the mouse serial
port for your SCSI card.

Good luck.  Its frustrating when they pack them like that from the factory.