From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:38:14 +1000
Harriet wrote:
>I would like to have my home page  on my browser (firefox) totally black with
>no writing or pics on it.>>

1. Copy this into Notepad (make sure all the brackets are included):

<HTML>
<BODY  bgcolor="black">
</BODY>
</HTML>

2. Save it under whatever name you like----say Homepage.txt.

3. Now rename it with the extension.html-------eg Homepage.html

4. Save it to wherever you like on your computer.

5. Now doubleclick it and it should open in Firefox if that is your default
browser. (The .html extension tells your computer to open it in your
default browser). You should now see a blank black Firefox window.

6. Set Firefox to "Use current page" as homepage. (Tools/Options/Startup).

As this file is internal to your computer, it should open almost instantly.
This will save your browser wasting time hunting round the internet for a
homepage that clearly you aren't going to use anyway. Also saves wear and
tear on the internet, so it's environmentally friendly.

If you get sick of black, just open the .html file in notepad and
substitute "black" with whatever color you want.

With a little more rudimentary editing, you could even place a nice photo
in the middle of the screen.

Personally, I prefer to have no homepage at all--just click "show blank page".

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com