From:
Clinton A Worley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:13:20 -0500
Hi Tannis,

The first step would be get the video drivers for your system so you can
set the resolution and colors to better than the basic settings of 640 x
480 & 16 colors.
The second step is to get the monitor driver (or the INF file) so the
system knows it is allowed to set the resolution above 640 x 480.
Even if you can't get the monitor driver you should be able to get a
higher color setting with the proper video driver in use.
If you can't find the monitor driver you might be able to set the monitor
to one of the generic Windows SuperVGA settings.

Good luck,
Clint Worley

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 15:03:43 -0500 tannis zamora <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hi Clint and Emie,
>
> Clint the monitor is a Micron monitor.  A Compaq monitor was never
> with
> the Presario.  I am confused in that should I be looking for
> drivers
> from Compaq  for the video card or should I be looking on Micron's
> site
> for these drivers?
> And aren't there "generic" drivers for "any" system?
>
> This really has me stumped.
>
> This happened to me once before when I had to reformat my harddrive
> on
> another system.  I had a 15 inch monitor, no brand name, and I
> bought a
> 17 inch monitor, Sylvania.  When I reformated the harddrive after
> upgrading to XP, but that is another story LOL; I reloaded Windows
> 98
> and the same thing happened.  I put in the ONLY cd of drivers I had
> which had come with my no name brand 15 inch monitor and as a matter
> of
> fact the cd said for Windows 95.  I installed the drivers and my
> screen
> was fixed.
>
> Because I am familiar with Compaq computers and how they HATE other
> manufacturer's hardware I was hesitant to try this cd in this
> system.
>
> I sure hope I am not confusing things.  I am not that literate in
> computer "geek" talk but find my way around the systems pretty
> good.
>
> Again, thank you all for any help you can offer.
>
> tannis zamora
>
> Clinton A Worley wrote:
>
>                          PCBUILD's List Owners:

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!