From:
Jayne Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 17:00:33 -0500
Recently bought a new computer but kept my
monitor. Monitor is a KFP Computek 15" NI monitor
.28 dpi.  The monitor was bought in 1995.
Unfortunately I can't find the manual to this
monitor and am experiencing some display problems
that I feel are related to scan rates. The
monitor has a channel/mode selector that I'm sure
configures the monitor for different rates. At
this point I've not been able to hit the "right
combination" of settings. The problem is
evidenced on-screen by some lines appearing to
display only half the line (like the top or
bottom part of the line doesn't display). This is
only affects say a half dozen lines on the screen
at a time - not the whole screen. Seems localized
around the middle 1/3 of the screen. I don't see
it as much with "straight text" but with hot
links where a separate color is displayed or in
VBA constructs with the syntax box it becomes a
problem.  Interestingly if I select across the
lines of notes with hot links the lines become
completely readable. e-mail is Outlook 97 but
since the display problem shows up in one degree
or another in all programs I don't believe it's
application related. Since system is only about 2
months old  drivers should be current <grin>.
I've searched the net looking for info on the
monitor but can't find a thing.

If anyone can help me with info on the monitor
that I can use to solve the problem would
appreciate it.

System configuration (in case you need additional
info):
Operating System: Windows 95 OSR2
Processor:        Intel Pentium 233MMX
Cache:               512 K
Memory:            32256 KB
Motherboard:      FIC VT-502
Modem:             Acer FM56/336PVS Fax/Modem
MM Kit:             Newcom Sound Card/Multimedia
Kit Series w185x with 16 Bit AdLib compatible
Sound Card and CD-Rom drive WPI CDS 24x  Erj
Floppy Drive:     1.44
Hard Drives:      WD 5.1 M, WD 2.0 M
Zip Drive:        Iomega Zip Drive (parallel)
Printer:           Cannon BJC-600e
Monitor:          KFC Computek 15" NI
Video Adapter:    S3 Virge DX/GX PCI

Jayne