Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:57:33 -0500
This may be a silly question, but are you using brass risers or
standoffs to hold your MB off of the case? I have never had to use any
product to separate the MB from the case's pan and often the screw holes
are designed to act as a ground to the MB. Unless you are using screws
that are so big that the head is touching and area outside the area it
should be touching, you shouldn't have any problems with grounding out
the MB.

Dennis Noble
361-808-9363

I am very proud to say that I did remember to do all the other things...
install continuity RIMMS, ensure power supply was marked 115V, etc. The
problem was that the mobo was grounded to the case. I had thought this
before, and loosened the screws, but it didnt help. This time, i
completely
removed the mobo from the case, and voila! Fans are spinning, POST is
beeping at me (my video card wasnt in), and I was jumping all over the
place. A huge thanks to all of you who took the time to help me out. If
could only ask one more thing... anyone know of a good product for me to
stick between mobo and case...?
THANKS A MILLION GUYS!!!!!!
Michael Hand,
successful builder