Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2012 01:57:20 -0700
  My (Acer) netbook is just over two years old, and I still love it --
but I want to upgrade it and I'm not sure how straightforward that will
be:

1.  It came with a 160GB hard drive, which is getting full.  I've got a
750GB drive to replace it, and a USB 2.0-connected unit that will hold
two 2.5" drives.  If I use EaseUS's partition utility (or recommended
alternative?) can I clone the old drive to the new and have it be
bootable?  (and subsequently adjust the partitions to use the additional
space...)

2.  The netbook came with Windows XP Home installed.  I partitioned the
drive and added Ubuntu Linux, with Ubuntu's boot manager letting me
choose which I run.  Now I want to replace XP Home with Win7 Home
Premium (I got a good deal, so I have the "upgrade" CD already).  How do
I do that?

  It strikes me that possibly the easiest thing to do is install the new
drive, use my USB CD/DVD external drive and thw Win7 disk to partition
the drive and install Win7, and then do a fresh Ubuntu install to the
remaining space.  (This install of Ubuntu should recreate the boot
manager listing Win7 instead of XP...)  Any flaws in this plan?  Any
simpler suggestions?

David Gillett