From:
Bruce Boschek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:57:15 +0100
Hello,

Sweetim is a virus. Here is a link to an article about it and about how to remove it:

http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-sweetim-com-virus.html

I would recommend Malwarebytes Anti malware from

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

I generally recommend it because it usually works and is trustworthy. There are other programs that work as well. You cannot remove this virus simply by hand. There are copies of it hidden all over your drive and it will always return. Anti malware programs find all of the copies and delete them.

Good luck,

Bruce Boschek
Germany

Saturday, October 25, 2014, 3:33:48 PM, you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm running Window 7 and using IE 11 on a Dell Dimension E520 desk
> top.  Something has taken over IE11 and won't let me change the home
> page.  Every time I set it, via Internet Options it changes, but
> when I open then close IE and restart, it goes back to the home page
> I don't want or even know how it got there.
>
> This is the http that shows up:
> http://home.sweetim.com/?barid=141151973495834452867011054861370256664&src=10&crg=ct3317192&ppd=&did=10810&st=23&st=23&ptr=100
>
> I've run my Norton scans and nothing shows up.  There is nothing in
> the StartUp folder and when I use "msconfig", I don't see anything
> that looks familiar to the http name.  I've deleted all cookies,
> temporary internet files, and everything I could find but nothing is
> working to get rid of that internet address from being my home page.
>
> Does anybody have any idea what I can do to get this out of IE.  Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck Cooley

>                           PCSOFT's List Owners:
>                       Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>