Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 00:01:37 +1000
Kyro/Kyro 2 based cards have greater compatibility problem with some mobo,
if you search Hercules website, there is a compatible/tested list of mobo,
only few of "current" mobo are on that list. Of 'cos it doesn't mean other
"current" won't work, but speaking from my work, I have already met few that
don't work. Funny thing is, mobo with same chipset and same make (only
difference it one with onboard RAID one without), act totally differently
with Kyro card (one works ok, one total crash). all those strange "problems"
around Kyro chip makes things much harder for business, eg it is very very
hard to answer if a mobo is compatible or not, since the Hercules' website
won't help much, and it is impossible to test every single mobo for us
(customer has rights to ask refund if things don't work, but once a
mobo/video card is opened and installed, it cannot be sold as new again).

So I wouldn't recommend Kyro card until the compatibility issue is solved.

Jun Qian