From:
Jim Tator <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 11:21:53 -0500
This is my first time writing.  About 8 months ago I started replacing all
of our
old Gateway PII 200 MHz machines with new P4 2.2 GHz machines from Dell,
with Windows XP Pro on them.  I run a WAN, with a Windows NT Terminal
Server Domain, and Exchange 5.5 server also.  60 Nodes.

We use an accounting package from Best Software called "DAC Easy", and
we're using Version 11.0.  Previously we've never had any problems with this
software.  However, after installing the XP machines, when we print from our
software package, the printing only uses about 63 lines of the page, and it
prematurely form feeds, but not to the next page.  So, you end up with 3
lines
of your header at the bottom of page one, etc.  I've tried setting up the
default
page as suggested by Microsoft; and I've called the software people and have
changed the margins until I'm blue in the face.  I have a pretty good
network
of friends who are all Network Administrators, but they are as stumped as I.

The printers we are using are Okidata 590's, they have been staples here for
years and years, and we have to use them because we use perforated paper
so that it can be bound (for the Auditor's of course!).  Can anyone suggest
anything I haven't thought of.  Oh, and Okidata doesn't have new drivers
for XP, they tell me they are on the XP CD.

Thanks,
Jim Tator,
Dir.-MIS
Wisconsin & Southern Railroad Co.