From:
Dave Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:02:48 +1300
I have been reading at PCGuide.com that xcopy is not reliable enough to
make an exact copy of the hard drive. The author of the website claims that
xcopy does not copy the long filenames properly. What do others think of
his opinion. In his article on the website he has a test to demonstrate his
point.

>> At one time I thought I discovered XCOPY32 to perform long filename copies.
>> As it turns out, xcopy32 should never be used by itself. XCOPY will make
use
>> of XCOPY32 if the environment supports the extra features that are
possible.

>               PCBUILD mailing list is brought to you by:
>                            The NOSPIN Group
>                            http://nospin.com

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com