From:
Eric Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:22:59 -0600
A good friend just called me this morning saying his computer (an
HP Pavilion Pentium III) won't start. There was a whopper of a
lightning storm last night. You've heard the story before, right?

I asked if he had it plugged in to his UPS - no. Was the modem
connected too?, I asked - yes. The phone on the same desk was
destroyed, he told me. He's going to check guarantee coverage.

I haven't seen the toast yet and know that lightning is a very
mysterious thing, but . . . What have you all seen of this sort of
damage? Could it be that it only fried the power supply and the
modem? It'd be a shame if the MB and/or processor and/or monitor
got cooked.

Gracias,

Eric

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: