From:
Joe Drysdale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 22:27:20 EST
In a message dated 10/28/98 7:07:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I seem to be downloading subpar on my LT Win 56K modem and I suspect I'm
 only connecting at 28 K.  How can I check this?

 George >>

I too have an LT Win 56K, purchased last Sat. with new puter. It won't connect
to local server for AOL, X2 or K56, although it's supposed to be V.90
compliant. I get online using local SprintNet @14,400 and it drops the
connection in a matter of minutes. It conflicts somewhere with my sound card
so can't use sound in AOL.
All in all it seems to be junk. Any advice to the contrary will certainly be
appreciated and I'm sure George will thank you too.

If I don't get some answers soon this is going back to the dealer tomorrow.

Joe Drysdale

                                  -----