From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 16:19:54 -0700
On 25 May 99, at 23:16, Kathy Gorman wrote:

> I am using the new Windows Second Edition Release Version (I'm a beta
> tester), ....

  Same here -- although, after I wrote my note, I discovered that there have
been several revisions to the VA-503+ BIOS that I haven't installed, and I
have to determine which version of the board I have in order to find out
which even apply!
  This leaves the door open for all sorts of possibilities that I hadn't
considered -- some BIOS revisions may be defective, some versions may
"almost" work when installed on the wrong hardware version....

  Although we keep finding similarities that can be eliminated (such as the
OS version, above), it turns out that there are also more variables that
we're unlikely to nail down for certain.  Perhaps one of us should (off the
list!) collect board and BIOS version numbers and see if some pattern emerges?
  [I'll volunteer, and send this message to the list only to let others know
that I'm collecting this information.  We'll see in a week or so if I have
enough data points to identify a specific cproblematic configuration.]

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html