From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:19:01 -0500
Hello,

I have posted this before, but under a different subject( Computer Problems,
HELP!).

Anyways,

Here's a layout of my problem incase other's didn't see the original post.

For some reason the computer has all of a sudden failed to boot.
Here's the System Layout as  before  the problem:
Mobo (TXPRO made by TopGun) set for a Cyrix PR233 set at
2.9v 2.5x@75Mhz Bus.(Chip specs).

New CPU: Pentium MMX 233Mhz 2.8v [log in to unmask]

Video: 4Meg S3 Virge (has chips in the upgrade slots).
Seagate 4.3 Gig UDMA EIDE HD.
1.44 Floppy drive, and a 36X CDROM Drive.
USR 56K Modem
Generic Sound Card

Win 98 OS

Anyways before the problem occured, I had been having problems (off/on) with
the video card. Upon Boot Up the video card would display scrambled output.
Upon entering the bios( I could barely make things out, but enough to enter
the CMOS) Then I could hit the reset button and the problem cleared.

After that, however, when I when to used Internet Explorer, or other app
after the computer had been running for awhile I would get GPF's after
GPF's.  So I figured there was a heat problem.  So I would shut down Windows
and turn the computer
off for about 30 mins.  Until it happend again (usually after 10 or 15 mins)
after that I would use the computer until the next day.  I did this for
about a week.

After the last batch of what I thought was CPU over heating  I decided to
turn
the fan/heatsink around.  After doing that I went to turn on the Computer
and it
failed to boot.

Figuring the CPU went bad I got a Pentium and set the board board to the
appropriate settings.  I turned the Computer on and it fialed to boot.

I thing the Video has gone out, I figured the computer would give some type
of beep code, and still go through the boot process.  But nothing happens at
all.
I've never heard of a comptuer failing to boot because of no video.
The motherboard is brand new.  I check out the board for problems, but don't
see anything.  I grounded my self.

So, guys what can I do?

--Patrick Black

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]