Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:00:15 +0300
I need to assemble a non expensive PC for someone, so I thought of
either K6II-400MHz or Celeron 400MHz.  I understand that the AMD is
better but that the Celeron can be put on a standard slot-1
motherboardwhich means that if she wants to upgrade to Pentium II or
III, then it is possible. I guess that my preferences is for the AMD as
when she wants to upgrade, probably none of the existing motherboards
will be relevant.
Now I have to choose a reasonable non expensive motherboard for the
k6II.

Life is easier for me if I  choose Celeron, but I guess that my decission
to go with the k6II is correct. She will use the PC for Internet, and for file
manipulations, and perhaps also for simulations (research).
Most of the sellers here don't know which is the company that produce
the SDRAM, so I guess that the motherboard has to work even with the
cheap 100Mhz RAMs.

Any recommendations?

Uzi

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: