From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:58:47 -0800
On 11 Dec 98 at 7:45, TONY LODGE wrote:

> Can anyone help me with this?Every time I connect the monitor up
> to the computer(its an NEC monitor) it prevents the computer from
> booting up just like it had shorted it.When I detach it from the
> computer  the computer works fine.I'd appreciate any help.

  Have you tried replacing the cable that connects the monitor to the
video card?  (Unfortunately, some monitors have the cable permanently
attached....)
  There are a couple of pins that tell the video card a little about
the monitor's capabilities.  I've worked with one monitor which often
got this info wrong; it's possible that yours is being seen as
specifying a combination of features that your video card can't do.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html