From:
Patrick Black <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:51:34 -0400
Subject: RE: [PCBUILD] Can't find operating system?
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 16:51:40 -0400

Actually, this shouldn't be a hardware problem. :).    Apparantly the info
the BIOS looks for to start up the harddrive is missing.   I would get a
W98SE bootdisk and boot to a DOS prompt.  Type sys C:  and this will
transferr the nessary files that should allow the harddrive to boot up
correctly.

Patrick Black

contacted me with this problem:

> When she tried to boot up yesterday her PC went through the usual
routine, she heard the post beep, but then she got this message on the
screen: 'Can't find Operating System'.  I think this may be a hardware
fault which is why I am posting to this list rather than PC Soft.

> Can anyone shed any light on the possible cause of this situation please.
The PC was working normally the day before this happened, and she did not
install or uninstall any applications prior to this.

> Thank you.
>
> Alan Hodges
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com