Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 05:17:07 -0600
Larry, I can't exactly help you via step by step instructions, but I
can offer a few tips. It appears that your problem is caused by the IBM
Diskmanager overlay program, (which fools the bios into thinking the
hard
drive is smaller than it is), and by the fact that the machine info on
the new disk is not the same as the machine you're trying to install it
in.
I've read that using "fdisk /mbr" command will remove a disk overlay
utility, but it didn't work for me when I tried it with a
Seagate/Ontrack
overlay util. I had to format the drive to remove it.

You'll have to install win95 clean. I hope you have the Gateway disks to
install it with the proper drivers for the onboard sound and video.

My first step would be to disconnect the cd-rom and hard drive and boot
up to see if it posts and displays ok. Then shut down, insert win95 boot
disk, boot up. If floppy is detected and works OK, shut down. Connect
hard drive, boot up with w95 floppy in drive, fdisk /mbr .
Now I can't help any more until I read what happened.
Larry Hooper

Knox wrote:
> I am working on a computer made of pretty much leftover parts.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml