From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:08:17 -0700
>I now have a new question. Can notebook (2.5 inch) hard drives be used in a
>RAID configuration?

Assuming you have the rare laptop that will let you internally
install two hard drives, then yes, you can run RAID 0 using SOFTWARE
=  windows OS . As a general rule Hardware RAID = a RAID controller,
is always going to be faster then software = OS RAID, but I have not
found that to be true on cheap, hardware raid controllers which are
more trouble then they are worth. My advice to you, however, is to
forget about RAID, and get a SSD drive for your OS,  which will be
faster then any RAID solution, and then run a Large SATA drive,
internal or external for your media.

Mark Rode

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml