From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:45:29 -0400
It might depend on where you are getting that figure of the RAM
size. You might have an integrated video chip that takes a slice
of RAM "off the top" and leaves Windows with the rest...
If the BIOS boot screen reports this, it might be something else.

The other problem sounds like you got a new CD-Rom drive
and/or are loading (trying to load?) driver files for it, or an old
one, for some reason when you should probably not be doing so,
even if the file "were" there...

Hope this helps. It is just wild guesses based on what you reported.

               Rick Glazier