From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2006 20:50:51 -0600
A quick way to determine your router's IP address is "IPCONFIG /ALL"
(without the quotes) from within a command window.  You should get Default
Gateway, DHCP Server and maybe even DNS Servers showing up as the same
address.  This method works when there is only one router/WAP.  If the WAP
is a different physical box than the router, then accessing the WAP is more
difficult.

I've found a few IP scanners that work nicely for determining active
addresses on your network.  Going to downloads.com and searching for "ip
scanner"
(http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tag=srch&qt=ip+scanner&tg=dl-2001&
search.x=0&search.y=0) yields several results.  I've used both Angry IP
Scanner and Advanced IP scanner with good success.  These utilities are also
a quick way to see if your network has unauthorized accesses.

Ron Jobe