From:
Eric Outten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 12:18:33 -0800
Martin:

Before you do anything rash... Take the drive back to the original
machine and see if it works there.  If it does, write down the drive
parameters from the BIOS.  Duplicate them as exactly as the 2nd machine
will allow.  This is ~much~ more important than how it is listed on the
the drive or any other reference you may have.  The way is was written
is the way it must be read.  Changes can only be made during the initial
setup of a drive (clean install).
HTH,
Eric

--
Eric R. Outten 773-978-3478 "typito ergo sum"
[log in to unmask] - Oh! Electronic Solutions, Inc.

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html