From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2006 03:52:16 -0400
Michael Eisenstadt writes (clipped)

<<<< The original fan on this video card, after 1 year's use,just started not working unless encouraged for awhile by my index finger when I turn on the computer. >>>.

Hi, really surprising.... just after a years use....

from your post i gather you are able to unscrew the fan from the card. pl.do so. if you now PARTIALLY peel off the label you will have access to a tiny ball bearing. a VERY TINY REPEAT VERY TINY DROPLET (ONLY ONE) of very clean machine oil on the bearing most of the time helps.

PL. NOTE: I HAVE REVIVED HEATSINK FANS LIKE THIS BUT NEVER A VIDEO CARD ONE.

so it may or may not work and upto you to decide.

good luck--Venkat

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml