From:
Herbert Graf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:29:34 -0400
> I have the following:
>
> Gateway Pentium II 300
> 320 MB of Ram
> ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video/graphics card
> 6.4 Gig Harddrive
>
> web?  Or am I asking to be disappointed again with no major difference in
> speed?  The main reason I use my computer is for the internet.  I
> don't play
> any games or anything like that.  I would appreciate your input.

        For what you plan to use it for that system is about as fast as you'll get.
What OS are you using? Win9x doesn't get much better above 128MB of memory.
For web surfing and email you will not notice much of any speed increase by
upgrading. For downloading you will notice NO performance increase at all,
downloading speed is determined by your computer to internet pipe, even a T1
will not saturate a processor such as yours. Hope this helped, TTYL

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org