From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:36:14 -0700
You have sort of a catch 22 here... Windows does support most all CD Rom
Drives, and the drivers will be auto-installed, from the CDRom Disk, *if* it
can access the Cab files on the CD to install them...

There are two ways to get around this problem...

1)  Install DOS drivers that come with most CD Rom drives, or they are
readily available on the net, or at http://freepctech.com or....

2)  If you have the free Hard Drive space, just copy all the Win98 Cab files
to a folder on the hard drive first, and install from the hard drive
location. That way you can chuck the CD in a safe location, and forget about
ever using it again, until you re-format the drive!! This way the cab files
are always there!

Good Luck,   Steve....