From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:10:53 -0500
Phillip Williams' post (clipped)

<<<so I replaced it with a Turbo 350 watt I had laying around>>>>

HI,

The first thought that comes to mind is that perhaps you should check this power supply in another system (if you have a spare or easy access to one)
since it has been "lying around" and they do go cranky.

<<<I tried to enter bios but got the screen to select startup options  (nornal, safe, etc.).>>>

Have you tried any of these modes? especially "last known good config. OR safe"

win xp is very finicky about hardware changes and i know very strange things happen

<<<There is no response to the keyboards >>>

do the key board lights flash when "posting" or win xp splash screen appears?

<<<<Even though connected to a surge protector which kicked its breaker,  the
computer no longer had power>>>

the "surge/loss " seems to have been really severe since it has burnt up your PS and so wondering if any other component has been affected?

HTH and good luck in resolving the problem--- Venkat
'

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads