From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:00:59 -0800
Not only can you run programs on a FAT32 partition running XP, but you can
install XP on a FAT, or FAT32 drive. What you can't do is file level
security, which is rarely used by individuals, and even then only those who
have in depth IT skills. NTFS is generally regarded as a more stable file
system, but I doubt that this would come into play by a single home user.
NTFS will be more of a problem if the drive develops a problem, because you
can not access NTFS from booting off a DOS floppy.

  Perhaps the limitation most likely to be experienced by the home Desktop
/ Laptop user is file size. FAT is limited to 2GB and FAT32 4GB. NTFS
doesn't have these limitations. This can come into play when working with
large DVD or video files. If you do any kind of video then you will want at
least one large NTFS partition.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/