Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2009 06:56:24 -0500
I had the very same problem after being infected with the Antivirus 2009 and
AntiSpyware 2009 malware ?trojans? (not sure what they are).  After getting
cleaned out, incredible slowness remained (2-5 minutes for a mouse click to
work).  After turning off the Spyware Doctor and Registry Mechanic
continuous monitors, and adding RAM, it runs very fast now.  I'll still run
the two programs periodically to sanity check my main security suite (McAfee
Security Center) to see if anything was missed, but then again, the checks
really slow me down and take a long time.