From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 13:14:27 -0500
Hi,

Well unfortunately your mainboard manufacturer's crystal ball was not
working the day they wrote the manual.  It did not foresee the chip
manufacturer's using a higher density chips (to lower manufacturing
costs) and making what was double sided, now single sided.

As discussed in this list before, you need to find 128M modules that are
the old fashioned, 8 chip design on each side and not the single sided
type.  Be prepared to pay a premium for these chips.

The other option is to contact the main board manufacturer and see if
there is a BIOS update available, that will allow the new chips to be
read correctly.

Installing what you bought in a Brand New Board with a much faster CPU
would be an other option that would make the most sense, and the old 128
will more than likely work also.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore
-------------------------

Good morning,

I recently bought 3 TC1-MEM-128 PDP 128mb pc100 sdram 16x64 168 pin dimm
memory modules.

I have a pc with 4 memory slots.  I already had one (1) 128mb pc100
sdram installed.

After I install the 3 new memory cards, i only register 320mb of memory
when i boot the computer.  So, basically, each of the 128mb cards i just
purchased are only actually registering 64mb.

According to my mother board documentation, any pc100 memory will work.

I appreciate any help.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml