From:
Daniel Leung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:28:24 -0400
>My original question was what software can I use to recognize >my digital video camcorder (Sony TRV103) through the USB/fire >wire without the Dazzle unit and software.

If you are not in a hurry, wait for Windows ME, they have a movie maker software bundled, here is what MS said:
"In Windows Movie Maker you can:
-Store your entire home-video collection on your computer.
-Arrange selected clips in the order of your choosing. -Fade or dissolve between clips.
-Incorporate slides, background music, sound effects, and voice-over narration into your movie.
-Store more than 20 hours of video per gigabyte of hard drive space.
-With an inexpensive adapter, import video footage from older analog camcorders.
-Import video footage from newer digital-video camcorders using  an IEEE-1394 interface adapter.
-Find your original, pre-edited footage quickly and play it back. This  is easy to do because everything is catalogued and organized with Windows Movie Maker.
-Find any shot in minutes by scanning the stored still frames in the Windows Movie Maker workspace or folders.
-Create a slide show of still images. "

Dan

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>