From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:22:52 -0800
In Windows 7 there is a slight difference between a user with
administrative privileges and THE Administrator. In Home Premium you
will have to enable the Administrator account in order to access it.
Either bring up a command window, START>>>Accessories  or use the RUN
command under the START button and put in  this command

net user administrator /active:yes

  and then press Enter.

Now the Administrator account is enabled. Go to Control panel >>>
User Accounts and give the Administrator a password. Try to install
again and you may be asked if you wish to install as THE
Administrator, or you may be asked for your Administrator password.
If that doesn't work log in as THE Administrator and you should be
able to install your program... just make sure you install for
Everybody and not just the administrator... you will usually be asked
who you want to install for during setup. Once the program is
installed, log back in with your normal user name.

The purpose of all this hassle is to make it difficult for nasty
programs to self install.

Mark Rode

At 08:01 AM 11/14/2011, you wrote:
>Twice in the last two days I have tried to install a program and got
>the following message.
>
>"The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory
>(directory named).  The installation cannot continue.  Logon as
>administrator or contact your system administrator."
>
>However, this is my personal desktop computer at home that I
>bought.  It has Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with 4 GB of
>RAM.  When I click on User accounts in the Control Panel, it shows
>my name and Administrator below it.  What do I have to do to be able
>to install these programs?
>Marilyn Wilson

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml