From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:05:16 -0500
This is just a straight CD-ROM drive, right?  Windows 9x and above has drivers for these.  Right click on the my computer icon and click on properties.  Then click on the device manager tab, double click or click the plus sign in front of "CD-ROM", click on the offending CD-ROM drive, then click remove.  Restart your computer and Windows will give you a found new hardware, installing drivers screen.  If it doesn't work at all, or only works for a few days, you have a few possibilities. 1)the drive is defective; 2) you have an unknown virus; 3) your OS is funky.  To eliminate possibility number one, take your new drive back and exchange it for a new one.  If the new one doesn't work, you either have gotten two defective drives (unlikely), or you're stuck with numbers two and three. If you have a good friend, borrow a known working drive and try that as a substitute.  A known working drive that doesn't work in your system eliminates even the shadow of a doubt as to number one.

--

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml