From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 16:08:12 -0700
If you perform a CTRL ALT DEL, you will be able to see which task is running
the CPU up to 100% -- the tab named "processes" will show a number of files
running and if your computer is running well, "system idle processes" will
be running between 95 and 100%.

I had an episode like this once and it turned out to be the SPOOLSV.EXE file
(print spooler) -- every time I would kill the service, XP would restart it
and then begin my resource choke.  If this is what is driving up your
resources, there is a fix.

Let us know which process is killing you and we can troubleshoot from there.

--gary r. tennnesen