From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 11:49:48 -0600
At 03:26 PM 4/21/99 , you wrote:
>Misprint earlier - I meant for the subject line to read 8 rather than
>10GB
>
>I updated the BIOS on the Micron Millennia MME machine.  Still can't get
>past the 8GB barrier.
>
>There's a way to partition the drive so that I can use the entire 10GB,
>yes?  I seem to recall doing that in the past but don't recall how I did
>it.
>
>Would I need to use a drive management utility like Partition Magic to
>create another extended partition (the 2GB that's not being seen by the
>BIOS)

There is an excellent whitepaper report about this subject addressing not
only Bios, Fat types and operating systems, but it also offers some
good solutions in dealing with the 528mg, 2.gig, 4.2gig and now the 8.4gig
barriers on the Maxtor web site.  You can view this at:
          http://www.maxtor.com/technology/whitepapers/capbar0.html

We have a featured article for The NOSPIN site under review at this time
about this subject.  If we are not too swamped this week we should have
it online soon.

                Bob Wright
       The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org