Date:
Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:34:30 -0500
Chris,
Have you cleared the task monitor of all programs except systray and
explorer? If not, end task on everything but them. If you still can not do a
scan disk; then, go to msconfig and remove all of the check marks and retry.
If that fails, go to add remove programs and go to microsoft internet
explorer and hit uninstall. Put a check in the repair box and try agai. If
these do not allow you to do a defrag and scan disk, then I think you better
start backing up your files as the hard drive days are numbered...I have one
other idea but need to know how much memory you have and what type?

Bob Zuccarello