From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2008 12:19:56 -0600
First of all, Windows ME does not support SATA, so whether or not you
can do what you want is somewhat questionable because of the dual-boot.
(Someone else may have done this.  I remember that I kept ME for two
years before I had to go to XP because I wanted to use SATA.)

Assuming (not a sure thing) that you can use both operating systems in
an XP-dominant dual-boot system, how you can mix and match the drives
depends somewhat on your motherboard.  You **should** be able to use
both drives; I have been able to use both kinds of drives on my XP
systems.  You will need the SATA drivers for your motherboard.

Then, again, you could put ME on one older disk and XP on the new SATA
disk and plug/unplug the disk that you want.  That would work best if
you had to have ME, but only used it rarely.

I know that this is not as much help as you may like, but it might get
you started in your plans.  I'm sure that others will give you more
help, too.

Dean Kukral