From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:29:18 -0500
A friend brought me his dead Dell Inspiron 8000 laptop after having
spilled several ounces of water on the keyboard.  It was on at the
time, he heard it sizzle and it went dead.  Still under warranty, but
I doubt Dell would cover repairs.
The mobo and a second circuit board (riser?) show some light
corrosion, unit will not power up, external power supply is good..
If I assume the mobo is fried and buy a replacement along with the
riser board, is the PIII-900 cpu likely to be in working order?  I
have no other units available for substitution testing of any parts.
The mobo goes for around $200 alone, we're trying to decide if it is
worth repairing.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com