From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 21:15:28 -0700
  Before going to safe mode, stop the restore function. After you finish
scanning and cleaning in safe mode, restart in normal mode and turn
restore back on. This procedure not only cleans out the virus, but
usually stops it from reinventing itself.

Tom

On 7/21/2010 10:07 AM, Hachmeyer, Mr. Paul S. wrote:
> Don,
> Check out Malwarebytes AntiMalware software, I think it's still a free download.  You might also try running Malwarebytes, AVG and/or Superantispyware in safe mode.  Depending on where the virus is located, they may not be able to delete it if the program is active.  Safe mode loads only the minimal programs to get the pc started.  If you know the location of the file/virus itself, you could also try to delete it in safe mode.  If it has attached to another program, you need to be careful, or you may mess up that program or your system.
> Paul Hachmeyer

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml