From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 12:17:42 PDT
Hi Everyone,
After building a new Pentium system, the person wanted to save the Autobody
Database program she had on the old system.The program is called Q&A from
Symantec(no longer supported) and is DOS based! She was running WIN
3.11(non-networked). I took her old 840MB Quantum HDD and made it the slave
off of the 1st IDE(I tried both slave and CS jumper positions) but when the
new drive boots up to win98, I cannot see this slave drive? I can
auto-detect through the BIOS and the correct C/H/S info is shown for each
drive. If I reverse the situation and make the Quantum the master and the
6.4GB fugitsu the slave, then I'm prompted for the boot disk....would this
be a DOS or Win 3.11 boot disk? I have neither of these. How can I transfer
the program over to the big drive? Will a Zip Drive work in this situation?
Thanks everyone.
Jim Phillips