From:
Matthew Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 May 2004 16:51:47 -0500
Hello and thank you for your time,
I have just done a basic overhaul on my pc. I have slapped in a biostar m7viz km400 ddr v/s/l/sata, athalon xp 3000+ 333 fsb oem 512k, zalman cu-flower socket a/7/370, kingston kvr 512mb pc3200 cl3,radeon 9800 pro 128mb ddr crt/dvi/tv and a 5.25" dual fan bay system cooler.
and now to my problem I tried running 3dmark and some pc games and my computer will now shut itslef off and not allow me to turn it back on for a few minutes..
a few people have said it was a driver issue so i replaced the driver MSI game me with the one form the ATI site.. that appeared to fix the problem as i got through a full test of 3dmark without my pc shutting down.. then today i play "Vegas Tycoon" for a few hours and my computer shuts itself down again.
A few other people say it may have been an overheating problem so i installed a program called speedfan and here are those results http://www.emuxhaven.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4679&st=15&#entry56317
so if anyone could help me with this i would really be appreciative..
also on another subject the processor is only running at 2.16 shouldnt it be at 2.5?? i switched the jumpers on the motherboard to the 3rd row at 166 just as the manual said , is there something else i missed?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml