From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 15:21:07 -0800
On 13 Mar 98 at 8:08, Richard Tan wrote:

> Has anybody on the list come across or have heard of the Trident
> AGP 9750?

  I've heard reasonably goot things about the 9850.  Any cahnce this
is a typo?

> The question is will this work in place of his existing 2D graphics card?
> His hardware is an Aplus VX mobo, P166,

  The VX chipset doesn't support AGP.  An AGP slot looks like a PCI
slot, but the distance from the slot to the board bracket is
different.  An AGP card can only be used with a motherboard that has
an AGP slot, and I would not expect that on a "VX" motherboard.  [I
cannot seem to identify a motherboard MAKER named "Aplus", only
several different SELLERS by that name who offer no technical
details.]

David G