From:
Roger Griffiths <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:11:10 -0500
Thanks everyone, I tried replacing the file and things seemed okay for a bit, but then I started getting stop errors for a number of things to the point that the computer became unusable. In the end I put '98 back on and put 2000 on a newer computer running an Asus motherboard and Celeron chip which I have till now favoured less. 2000 now runs beautifully.

I suspect I had a number of hardware issues that Win2K did not support.

> Stop C000026C {Unable to load device driver} \Sytem
Root\System32\Drivers\msfs.SYS device driver could not be loaded. Error
status was 0xc0000020

> Other details if of help - AMD K6 2 3D, 192Mb RAM, 10.2 Gb HDD - What
else do you want to know