From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:08:03 -0600
At 10:39 AM 7/21/2010, you wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>I'm running XP windows service pack 2 on a Dell desk top computer.
>
>I acquired an infection from the internet that has been documented and
>located by both Avg and Superantispyware in; Documents and Settings\Local
>Service\Cookies\System.
>
>There are presently twenty some variations of this infection and still
>growing. Avg and Superantispyware have no problem finding and listing all of
>these, however they cannot remove them. I tried running SDFix as recommended
>on PCbuild a while back but it is too complicated for me to operate.

Don,

This is a simple matter due to our Editorial contributor, Mystic OverClocker.  He
maintains our Boot Disk download page with the best of boot applications that can solve
nearly any problem.  Go to PCBUILD's website at http://www.freepctech.com.  Then, choose
Downloads on the titlebar and then click on Boot Disks.  On this page you will find all
of our best boot disks and I recommend you download Kaspersky Rescue Disk (2010).   Write
this to a CD and then boot your PC with this disc.  It will read all files on your hard
drive, removing all virii and malware in the operating system on the disk and not in
Windows.  Therein you do not have Windows attempting to use an infected file and it can
easily be removed by the boot disk.

I also note that you were advised to upgrade to SP3.  If you are happy with SP2, and most
people are...   the upgrade serves no value to you.  The few bugs it fix have nothing to
do with protecting your system from idiots who build virii and malware, people who should
be castrated in my opinion or worse.

Have a good anti-virus program and anti-spyware/malware.  You should be more than
safe.  We also have numerous such free programs on our website.  We also will be adding
numerous such programs in the near future, as Mystic has promised to upload hundreds open
hundreds of new programs to our website before labor day, (USA).

Bob Wright
Senior ListOwner PCBUILD - Senior Managing Partner - CEO
The NoSpin Group, Inc. - a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation
http://freepctech.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com