From:
Derek S Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:51:15 -0500
David,
        I can offer this advice.  I use Powerquest drive image because it is
easier to understand than ghost was.  OF course at the time Ghost was
only up to version 3?, I think that is right and it was DOS based.  I
went with Drive Image because you could start it in windows and then
reboot to dos.  The menus in Dos were very easy too understand since they
looked like a windows interface.  Ghost was a little intimidating to me,
of course I have not seen any recent versions run.  I will have to
default to a regular user of Norton Ghost to expound on the menu options
and appearances.

Derek Buchanan

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:52:54 -0500 rdavidl <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a way to be able copy the contents of my HD to CD-RW
> in a
> way that I can use that CD to reload everything from scratch, in one
> shot.
> Is that what's called 'ghosting'? I have a ThinkPad with Win 2K. Can
> someone
> walk me through the steps I would need to take in order to reformat
> the HD
> and then reload my OS and other Apps, not using the Recovery Disk
> that came
> with the computer, but using the ghosted image CD instead? I've seen
> Norton's Ghost and Powerquest's Drive Image mentioned here - is this
> the
> software I would need? Lately I've seen Ghost spoken about much more
> than
> Drive Image - does that mean that Ghost is considered better?
>
> TIA,
> David Landau

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.