From:
Frank Suszka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 20:52:32 -0800
Rick Dempsey wrote:
i've taken this problem to a few other forums and nobody really understands
or has anything else to say but "ACK".

> they wanted something different, and i directed them to do a little
> browsing... > and they came up with this thing:
> the jetway MiniQ 765Twin. touted very vaguely as a "2 user computer"

Well as for being touted "vaguely" I'm not sure that is true. According to
the Web site info,
http://www.jetwaycomputer.com/spec/Barebone-MagicTwin-Specifications.pdf

According to, http://www.myaopen/fonsizbjetmi.html
"The MiniQ MagicTwin series barebones system is the world's "first"
multi-user enabled SFF solution available in the market."

Anything that is the FIRST on the market scares me especially when the
company that is building the units is working on a shoe string budget and
can't really build in quality as we know it with the current system of
today.

"The special designed 2-user-system allows two users to share the computing
power of a single PC system."

This part is where I have to bow out. I was going to ask how many people
would want their spouse sitting next to them doing Email and running the
net? "Each user needs to have himself his own keyboard, mouse, sound device,
and monitor. All remaining PC hardware will be shared, even the IP."

For dual-VGA function, must bundle with Jetway Dual-VGA: Dual-VGA-MX440 64MB
or Dual-VGA-5600XT 128MB (need to purchase separately)
> specs:
> AMD athlon XP 1800+ AGOGA
> 512MB mushkin PC2100 value
> MSI 128mb GeforceFX 5200
> Soundblaster Live! platinum 5.1
> samsung 32/24/48x cdrw
> maxtor 30gb 7200RPM

You forgot to mention the power supply.

> the PSU scared me at first, being so low.

<smile> The units I saw have a 250W power supply which for all intent and
purpose is sufficient for these puddle jumpper units. If you look at the
processors you are dealing with 400, 533 and 800MHZ. They don't require
anymore than this.

> so i'm pleading to anyone here who might have an idea for me, i can
> get my story published on overclockers.com, but i would hate my entry
> into reviewing products be such a negative experience.

Ah, I think I would give this some serious thought before jumping off in
this direction. We are asked to be kind on this list and not slam people or
degrade them. In my most humble opinion, I think you should go in a
different direction.

> the thing came to me feeling "used" .  huge, tarry fingerprints
> smudged all over that ugly black front panel.  the floppy cover was
> floating around the case, as well as the USB hinge and the heatsink box.

If this were or is the case, in all honesty you should go back to the
vendor? For the bottom line, being cost, your best friend's mother would do
better by getting a Dell or gateway. The cost would be about the same as
what the" Jetway" costs with all of "additional" accessories that are
needed.

Sincerely,

Frank Suszka
netTek Computers