From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 15:47:41 -0400
It seems odd that both Comm ports would die at the same time.  My guess
is that there is a problem in the CMOS configuration.  Without particulars
on what generation CPU/MoBo and which BIOS, I can't give you details
on where to look, but there should be a setting in your CMOS that can
turn off (disable) each Comm port.

You should also check the device manager to see if there are any hints
or clues as to the problem.  RIGHT-click on MY COMPUTER and select
PROPERTIES
then click the DEVICE MANAGER TAB and look for yellow triangles.

Jim Meagher
Micro Solutions Consulting    Member of the HTML Writers Guild & the
[log in to unmask]              International Web Masters Association