From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:01:26 -0400
Everyone is missing the point...  It has always been extremely
easy to get some or most software to run illegally.
I heard some Windows OS CDs were available on the streets
of China for $1 and up...
With CD-burners and broad band connections becoming normal
don't you think they needed to do "something"? Get real...

We have always been paying for permission to run the software.

They just finally got around to giving it lots of "teeth" to make
sure people do...

It is a shame they feel they need to raise the price while forcing
all this "supposed" new revenue...  All other things computer
related are going down.  MS is getting top heavy in the overhead
department, and that will eventually bring them down as much
as anything else...  (The higher something goes, the more the
competition will want a piece of the action...)
Just my two cents...

They will drag me to XP kicking and screaming, with the lifeless
bloody MS-CD of Win95B clenched in my fist...  (Which will be
anytime they want... See next...)

Which brings up another point... I installed an MS update to my
Win95B system last night, and today it is all screwed up...
(Dun 1.4, and the problems are booting and shut-down...)

               Rick Glazier

> > This is MS's way of preventing the use of one licensed copy
> > on more than one computer.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml