From:
"Rand M. Blunck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 19:09:31 -0700
Neil,

Perhaps the sound and modem cards are not plug and play.  Are they in ISA
slots?  Try the hardware installation wizard to see if it can detect them.
If not, you'll need to track down the drivers (check the sound card for the
manufacturer and model - you may have to look at the number on the chipset
as well; you can usually find the modem manufacturer and model from the
FCCID - go to the link http://www.fcc.gov/oet/fccid/), use the hardware
wizard to add them and then perhaps set the resources manually.  To free up
IRQ's for manual setting, you'll probably have to reserve them in the CMOS
settings.

If you need more information, just reply.

Good luck,
Rand Blunck
Why Not Try Computing
Glendale, AZ