From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:18:38 -0400
I too unplug everything if a severe storm comes through.
But I have a everything plugged into a single multi-outlet strip
so all I have to do is pull one plug and unhook the telephone cable
from the wall.

Even though all good UPSes (err.... whatever the plural of UPS is)
have a surge protection circuit, it is wise to remember that a UPS
is a type of power source not a lightening arrestor.....

Jim Meagher