From:
Brady C Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:35:38 -0600
At 03:53 PM 3/2/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Did you try the 3in1.exe alternate driver for the drive?
>
>http://www.buslink.com/index.cgi?drivers=yes#Windows%20ME
>
>  Be aware that this drive is a USB 1.1 and USB 2 drivers will not
> work.  Also have you tried the troubleshooting procedure that buslink
> provides at:
>
>http://www.buslink.com/Trouble%20Shooting/USB1.1in98-ME.htm
>
>Doug

1. Remove older driver and reboot your pc before
installing.
[Check MSCONFIG. If not in Normal startup, plan for
the worst (backup)...change to "Normal startup", and
restart computer. Check MSCONFIG again. You must be
in "Normal startup"...
(Use System File Checker...
(Disconnect all USB devices...)
2. Download driver and save to your Desktop or
floppy disk. USB HD Driver (PC) Ver. 1.6 04.30.01
("End task" on all but "explorer" and "systray"...)
3. Without the USB cable plugged into the computer,
Double click the driver on the on the Desktop or
floppy (3in1.exe) and follow the onscreen
instructions.
(Restart the computer. Check MSCONFIG: you must be
in "Normal startup"...)
4. Turn on the USB Hard drive, Install the USB
cable and adapter.

I have tried the 3in1 driver and the troubleshooting page also.  What size
is this hd and could it be a hardware issue not software?  It keeps coming
up as a scsi device are there any settings I should change?

Thanks Brady

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com